We are looking for a skilled Database/BI Developer that has a passion to provide technical design and database development capabilities within our existing development teams, monitoring and management for our cloud-based suite of SaaS products and solutions across various corporate and enterprise sectors.
We are passionate about our solutions, our people and what we bring to market and we are looking for candidates that share this vision and have a keen appetite to be involved in what we are doing within the telecoms, delivering challenging cutting-edge web and mobile solutions.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Take new data sources and build solutions to extract, transform and load this data into the relevant product databases in support of analytical front-end / self-service software solutions.
- Build solutions to monitor and report on the data environments to ensure data completeness and data integrity.
- Investigate Data anomalies, addressing issues and building resilience into our data processing.
- Influence and Design cutting-edge database capability within our products and solutions (e.g. OLAP, In-Memory Analytics and other complex database capabilities)
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Must have at least 5 years prior commercial experience in the fields of Database Design, Administration and Business Intelligence.
- Sound Microsoft SQL Server 2014+ skills specializing in SSIS and the Database engine. MS SQL 2019 experience would be advantageous.
- Experience creating variable-based SSIS jobs for ETLs
- Ability to interpret CSV, Fixed Column, XML and other text based formats
- Microsoft SQL Skills Essential
- Database Query performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Advanced Microsoft SQL Scripting experience essential, as some summary tables will have in excess of millions rows; will processing volumes in the billions.
- Ability to understand and interpret data files and then design solutions to load these files into database tables.
- Excel, Pivot table, VLOOKUP, IF, Graphing and other advanced spreadsheet skills essential in analyzing and interpreting data.
- Best Practice Data Modelling Techniques (Kimball, Schemas etc)
- Understanding of multi-dimensional models
- Financial System experience advantageous.
- Proven experience in Telecoms industry advantageous
- Relevant tertiary qualification in B. Sc. Or B. Com or Relevant BI qualification
- At least 5 years (Intermediate) and 10 years (Advanced) experience in the field.
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to converse both business and technical skills
- Writing and Reporting skills essential.
- Facilitation and fact-finding skills.
- Sound analytical skills
- Be able to meet goals, objectives & targets as per allocated time frames.
- Maintain good working standards