I am recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst to join a well sought after Investment Company in Cape Town.
The company has been South Africa’s leading Fixed Income manager for more than 20 years, with around R186 billion of clients’ assets under management (as at 31 December 2020). They manage funds across the full range of fixed interest and development funds, and play a leadership role in the asset management industry in South Africa.
EE candidates are preferred.
As part of a team, the Senior Business Analyst (BA) will elicit, facilitate, synthesise and present a response to business problems and opportunities. The Senior BA drives the design or review of applications, test cases and business process – and will need to have a strong understanding of project principles through vision, scope and acceptance to implementation. The Senior BA role will also help to enable and empower staff to become “digitally fit” and to drive innovation across the organisation. The successful candidate will facilitate the change management processes required across the organisation. The role is earmarked for a Senior BA, based on the candidate’s experience.
To play a leading role in the execution of business strategies and projects to get desired results. This includes:
- Formulating the product vision, across several products, based on a deep understanding of internal and external needs;
- Working with the ES team to translate client needs, based on analysis of quantitative and qualitative information and translating this into deliverable, realistic features and improvements;
- Identifying organisational strengths and weaknesses, and suggesting areas for improvement;
- Analysing complex technical concepts and presenting them in simple terms to non-technical stakeholders;
- Planning, measuring and monitoring of own deliverables with an Agile mindset;
- Driving business analysis best practice to IIBA standards;
- In-house Project Steering Committee presenting and reporting.
- Developing new business models and providing insight into how these models will be of benefit;
- Overseeing or designing solutions, and defining how they will create value;
- Identifying areas of poor performance in the company and in the outside market, and making recommendations for improvement;
- Managing the business analyst team, coaching team members, making recommendations and taking measures to maximise the efficacy of the team; and
- Creating monthly reports on performance and success, pointing out areas in need of improvement and making recommendations.
Skills, know-how and experience
- Our ideal candidate will have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to translate business data into usable information, which will help to improve systems and processes;
- Experience in Financial Services or Asset Management;
- Proven knowledge and experience in a senior environment (i.e. experience in implementing senior practices and associated skills, including user story writing);
- Microsoft DevOps skills would be an advantage;
- CRM Dynamics would be an advantage;
- Strong visualisation skills using Visio or similar; and
- Process, systems and data modelling skills.
- BCom Information Systems or IT-related degree;
- FTI Business Analysis diploma;
- 5+ years of associated work experience;
- Excellent MS office skills, including Visio and MS project; and
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) would be an advantage.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link