Our client in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town is currently seeking a Scrum Master to assist with planning and managing of delivery tasks for digital channels. The Scrum Master will have to liaise with agencies to manage the work and delivery through to channels. This is a 12 month contract which could potentially be extended.
Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to be accountable for removing impediments to the ability of the team to deliver the product goals and deliverables. To act as a buffer between the mobile team and any distracting influences.
The Scrum Master ensures that the Scrum process is used as intended. Must be able to enforce the rules of Scrum, often chairs key meetings, and challenges the team to improve.
The role of the Scrum Master has the following job objectives:
- Ability to play multiple roles either as a Scrum Master on Agile scrum teams or can be flexible to play the role of project management in a traditional project environment depending on the need.
- Responsible for enacting Scrum values and practices.
- Removes impediments.
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions.
- Matric plus applicable tertiary equivalent experience or preferably, an ICT relevant diploma or degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Scrum Alliance – Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Product Owner.
- PMI – Agile Certified Practitioners (ACP)
- PMP certification
- Prince2 Certified (Foundation or Practitioner)
- 3-5 years working experience within the IT industry.
- 3+ years’ experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 2+ years’ experience in all aspects of Agile methodology and SCRUM implementation.
Knowledge and Skills :
- Presentations skills.
- Creative and analytical skills.
- Commercial and business understanding of the broader retail industry.
- Dynamic personality and the ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Excellent organisation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent team-working, interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills – Strategic thinker, people management.
- Management skills - organizational, time management, delivery and planning management.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Experience with the implementation of SCRUM in an organization
- You need to use your own laptop for the duration of contract
- If you live outside of Cape Town, you need to relocate to Cape Town at own cost