Financial Services has been identified as an acceleration unit within the group. The ambition is to expand its product offering, and diversify its clientele. The purpose of this role is to establish market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, closing business relationships, as well as to maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
This person is responsible for defining long-term organizational strategic goals, and work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. The objective of this role is to also put the customer at the heart of all operational activities, focusing on channel optimization and performance.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Deliver on target revenue, policy count, grow value added services and market share and other relevant business objectives as required
- Ability to manage cross functionally
- Manage sales consultants to ensure each consultant delivers on agreed targets per month.
- Keep abreast of developments within target segments so as to identify opportunities.
- Acquire comprehensive understanding of competitor strategies relevant to the market.
- Acquire comprehensive understanding of various sales models and adapt accordingly.
- Ensure customer and market growth for payment terminals.
- Establish regional sales force.
- Train, mentor and assist sales force with new products.
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales and activity reports submitted by sales Consultants.
- Initiate/develop business development solutions for the various markets/segments
- Proactive engagement with clients and the market with a view to growing awareness and visibility of products and capabilities
- Manage performance across all sales channels by fostering business relationships to increase revenue from sales and client retention.
- Screening potential corporate deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; as well as recommending equity investments.
- Customer Service and SLA Management
- Analysis of the fulfillment process to identify process gaps that have revenue opportunities, cost threats or a churn risk that require an intervention
Key performance indicators:
- Grow payments revenue
- Grow number of merchants
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Sales orientation
- Strong analytical and numeric background
- Ability to manage and coordinate virtual cross-functional teams, and to collate inputs into an integrated, intelligent plan with clear recommendations.
- Credible, commercially-focused leader, with the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communications, presentation & interpersonal skills.Attention to detail and ability to complete documentation within tight timelines and to a consistently high standard.
- Proven ability to operate flexibly in complex and dynamic working environment
- Strong understanding of Sales processes
- Business analysis
- Understanding of Direct Sales
- Fundamentals of Project Management is essential
- Understanding of the CVM
- Strong knowledge of the Telecommunications industry
- Grade 12 (essential)
- Relevant 3/4 year degree / National Diploma (essential) in Marketing management or related and
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant working experience essential in sales and insurance.
Job Related Skills:
- Attention to detail
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Prioritization and Time Management
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Decision making
- Trend analyses to enable business improvement