If attention to detail is your thing, then this fast-paced position is just for you. This position requires being thorough in completing work tasks. The ideal candidate must have a high level of attention to details and be able to process high volumes of reservations with accuracy.
CANDIDATE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Must speak, read, write and understand English at a professional level.
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is essential
- Driver's License.
- One years’ previous experience as a Reservations Consultant for a luxury Hotel
- One year’s Opera experience is essential
- Knowledge of yielding and revenue management
- Exceptional upselling skills, including tours, packages, and tourism experiences
- Must have own/reliable transport
- Able to work shifts - Shifts will be determined by the requirements of the Travel Support centre and will include late shifts to 21H00 and Saturdays and Sundays
- Knowledge of the best local experiences in Cape Town
- A passion for dealing with client direct offering a complete travel experience
- Willingness to lead, take charge and offer direction
- Must be sales driven and well organised
- Ability to multitask
- Exceptional customer care and service delivery
- Problem solving abilities and ability to manage customer issues
- The ideal candidate would need to be a team player and work well with colleagues in collaboration of monitoring email boxes and telephone lines.
- The candidate would not be a typical time watcher and would be eager to assist the department to achieve maximum efficiency
Tasks (include but not limited to):
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, or online.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Knows the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records.
- Determines room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Understands the hotel's policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Tracks future room availability on the basis of reservations.
- Monitors deposit requirements.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Promotes goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- Getting information about areas of interest in order to target more clients in particular seasons.
- Making arrangements for clients travel programs.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 14 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**
To browse all our vacancies, please log on to our website – www.careercustodians.com