Main purpose of job:
- Identify opportunities for automation within software processes.
- Design and execute QA tests using scripts that automatically test functionality.
- Run tests for databases, systems, networks, applications, hardware and software.
- Identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or business processes.
- Install applications and databases relevant to automation.
- Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Gather requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions.
Key Performance areas:
- Test case / script generation and review
- Test prerequisites compilation
- Test execution and recording
- Maintenance of high quality and accuracy
- Test status updates
- Test closure activities
KPA 1: Test case generation and review
- Identify what to test by translating functional and business requirement specifications into testable test plans and test cases.
- Identify and document key test scenarios.
- Document or automate the test cases.
- Determine the prerequisites.
- Determine the test criteria.
- Record the expected results.
- Review final test cases with test lead.
- Obtain sign-off.
- KPA 2: Test prerequisites compilation
- Identify required test materials.
- Obtain test material, e.g. test data.
- Identify the required test environment.
- Ensure test environment setup, e.g. test server access and test logins.
- Prepare test results pack for results recording and sign-off.
- KPA 3: Test execution and recording
- Follow the written test case/ specification or execute the automated scripts / test suites
- Record test results.
- Compare actual results against expected results or review automation run results and debug any script failures
- Record pass/fail status of each test case.
- Report, record and assign defects identified.
- Retest / rerun and update on fixed defects.
- Execute / run regression tests.
- Maintain the test environments.
- KPA 4: Maintenance of high quality and accuracy
- Understand the application under test and ensure that it meets the necessary expectations as defined by business.
- Ensure Quality Assurance of all testing activities.
- Maintain test documentation to reflect current system operations. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Support improvement of testing process and initiatives.
- Continued maintenance and upkeep of the automated scripts.
- KPA 5: Test status updates
- Provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements.
- Inform management of any negative trends in the quality of software in pre-and post-production.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Team Lead for project scheduling purposes.
- Ensure effective communication with key stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain test tracking report.
- KPA 6: Test closure activities
- Ensure test completion - no outstanding high risk issues, defects have been fixed and retested or deferred or accepted as permanent restrictions.
- Handover test artefacts to people who need it in the future, e.g. maintenance or support teams.
- Participate in project retrospectives and contribute and document lessons learned
- Archive test work products, like test results, test logs, test status reports etc.
Impact of decision:
- Time Span - Operational
- Problem Solving - Complex
- Risk of decisions - Internal and External
- Financial impact - None
- Influence of work - Operational
- Work proficiency - Professional
- Demands of change - Complex. Very detailed. Sometimes urgency is required
- Formal Education Grade 12
- Diploma or Degree qualified (IT or related technical)
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile
Job related experience:
- Manual testing experience 2-3 years
- SQL experience 2-3 years
- Automation scripting experience 5-7 years
- Testing in a retail / financial sector 1-2 years
- Testing in an Agile environment 1-2 years
Job related knowledge:
- Knowledge of functional testing, system testing, integration testing, regression testing, automation scripting and execution 5-7 years
- Knowledge of systems testing, integration testing 2-4 years
- Knowledge of non-functional testing – performance testing 2-3 years
- Knowledge of non-functional testing – security testing 1-2 years
- Knowledge of non-functional testing – usability testing 1-2 years
- Google Suite 1-2 years
Job related skills:
5 - 7 Years
- Build enhancements to test frameworks increasing speed and productivity
- GUI/API automation/performance solutions using different tools
- Refinement of automation/performance tech methodologies and approach
- Innovate solutions and idea improving SQA processes
- Define metrics and measurements to evaluate automation/performance effectiveness
- Analysis, design and implement automation/ performance solutions
- Assist with the facilitation of project workshops and scoping sessions
- Compile automation task or project estimations
- Pilot and demo bespoke automation/performance solutions
- Provide coaching and development opportunities for junior test team members
- Develop, Train and lead junior team members in automation testing methods and best practices
- Prepare Reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of their test scripts.
- Influence the direction of the automation effort, and its schedule and prioritization
- Respond to technical issues to resolve and follow up
- Collaborate with other IT and application resources and teams
- Collaboratively work with the rest of the QA team to refine quality assurance practices and technique within the greater team
- Work with the support team to interpret and implement quality assurance standards for the context of the project or BAU ticket
- In sprint / release automation
- In sprint / release manual testing if automation is not possible
- Pair / collaborative testing with the developers in the support team
- Continually evaluate the adequacy of quality assurance standards in their projects
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems 5-7 years
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Analyse data to identify areas for improvement in the quality and automation capabilities
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Monitor risk management activities Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
Testing and automation types:
Integration testing, UI, E2E, API, REST, Device testing
Selenium, Robot Framework, Postman, UFT, Appium, Mobile Centre, SoupUI
Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
Version control tools:
JIRA (Zephyr), QC / ALM
NewRelic, Load Runner, NeoLoad, JMeter
Java, C#, SQL, Python
1 - 2 Years
Experience of testing using test management tools such as QC / Zephyr
Willing to work overtime when required.
- Planning and organising
- Deadline driven
- Learning and researching
- Analysing and problem solving
- Applying expertise and technology
- Working with people
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Confident enough in their ability to test that they can push back on a developer when tests fail
- Must not only test what works, but also look for what does not work, and try to break the system
- Excellent documentation skills & adherence to standards
- Needs to be a problem solver, enjoy digging through numbers
- Needs to be able to run with a task on their own
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.