The Principal Solutions Architect reports into the Chief Technology Officer and needs to have strong experience in application development fundamentals and the construction of scalable, secure, and maintainable solutions. This person analyses, designs, and oversees new product development and major modifications to existing software to improve the overall efficiencies of product offerings.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Understand the application and disseminate knowledge
- Contribute and guide discussions with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Provide lasting technical guidance to the development team and the product owner on how pieces will fit together.
- Possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent our clients well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Be able to identify patterns and trends and gain knowledge quickly and grasp concepts fast
- Provide in-depth analysis of problems and proposes solutions
- Make time to review projects, to identify and learn from successes and failures
- Seek out advice from peers and skills networks to arrive as high-quality decisions
- Support others, even when they have made mistakes
- Identify and action training needs (own and others)
- Support the business development team to help formulate a strategy to improve and help the adoption of company solutions.
- Guide customers and development teams to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services to make best use of our unique products.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for security, scalability, and extensibility – but most of all, that they solve the problem at hand.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the entire business, across technical topics and uses of our products.
- Author or otherwise contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
- Work with agile coaches and other technical leads to drive architectural changes in current and future projects
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, engineering teams and the support team.
- Standardise technologies, approaches, and architectures across teams
- Liaise with agile coaches, product owners, and development team leads in order to resolve team impediments
- Constantly keep up to date with emerging trends and practices in the relevant fields
- Regularly report to the Chief Technology Officer on issue status and progress on change initiatives
- Be the thought leader in technology initiatives, have a good understanding of both technical and business value.
- Be the owner for technical features of the products, such APIs
- Bachelor’s in computer science degree, with preference to a masters/PhD
- Experience working with agile methodologies – a true believer.
- 10+ years of experience in the software development field
- Proven work experience (5+ years) as a Solutions Architect Strong leadership and software development background
- Out of the box solutions-driven thinking skills
- Excellent conflict management skills - where there is disagreement facilitates discussion to negotiate a way forward
- A good understanding of own culture, own body language and impact on other cultures; perceptive about other people
- Ability to treat everyone with respect irrespective of their level, background, or discipline and profession
- A realistic approach about own and others’ capabilities – be humble
- Adaptability - makes significant changes in your own area to meet strategic needs
- Excellent technical knowledge and a thirst for learning
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Tenacity and drive
- Excellent understanding of the principals of design of API’s, web-based technologies, patterns that enable security, scalability, and resiliency
- Working knowledge of cloud-native architectures and knowledge of modern programming languages is a must
- A proven track record of the design and implementation of future-thinking, groundbreaking projects.