Our client, a Clinic and Day Hospital specializing in Cosmetic Surgery is looking to appoint an experienced Practice Manager Assistant in the Cape Town City Bowl area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typing of medical legal documentation.
- Responding to web and e-mail enquiries.
- Ordering and managing of stock.
- Handling of stationary.
- Filing duties.
- Administration and organization duties.
- Small administrative tasks i.e., organizing of staff name tags.
- Correspondence with Clinic patients on their journey.
- Reception duties and assisting other staff members when needed.
- Printing and scanning of documents.
- Stock taking and management of products for sale using YOCO.
- Building relationships with patients – telephonically and in person.
- Advising all post op / pre op information to the patients.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 qualification.
- A Secretarial or a tertiary qualification will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, and diagnosis.
- Working experience in and knowledge of Cosmetic Surgery and the Health and Skin Care Industry will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of computer and relevant software applications.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point experience essential.
- Must have excellent Excel skills.
- Knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Communication skills.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service skills.
- Must be professional.
- Must be a people’s person – know how to make people feel warm, welcome, and safe.
- Must be able to hand high workloads when needed.
- Must be able to deal with patient complaints or attitudes and not get personally involved.
- Must be a good team player – with the theatre staff and with the other staff members as well.
- Must be strong enough to take initiative and follow your own goals.
- Will be building relationships with all the doctors using the clinic – sending reminders and follow-ups regarding booking of theatre times.
This is a full-time position.
- Mondays to Fridays from 08:00 until 17:00.
Please apply for the position online if you meet all the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.