Our client, an Investment Consultant Company, is looking for a Portfolio Administrator in the Plattekloof area.
This role will require the Portfolio Administrator to perform all asset administration related functions required for the administration of collective investment scheme portfolios.
- Fund set-up, maintenance and record keeping.
- Set-up and maintenance of trading templates.
- Input and send authorised trade instructions on behalf of the Investment Manager.
- Managing and controlling all transactions processed between relevant parties namely, the IFA, LISP, Investment Administrator (Silica), Manco, Pricing Administrator (CURO), Custodian (FNB), Investment Manager & underlying Fund Manager.
- Monitor and check execution of trade instructions via the Pricing Administrator.
- Daily monitoring of portfolio positions provided by Pricing Administrator.
- Cash management from IFA to Investment Manager to underlying Fund Manager.
- Scrip management for new take–on or termination between IFA, Investment Manager, underlying Fund Manager & Custodian.
- Ensure static data is accurately maintained.
- Confirmation that portfolios conform to latest Investment Committee mandates and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Perform compliance checks of Fund breaches and escalate where required.
- Support Investment team and act on Investment Committee instructions in a timely manner.
- Daily monitoring of portfolio NAV prices, accuracy and reasonability –
- Learn how to use and maintain the internal systems.
- Save down and check daily information are relevant to the internal systems data storage.
- Integrity check data provided by the underlying Fund Managers regarding underlying assets and the valuations provided.
- Monitor, check and report on Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-annual or Annual distribution & re-investments.
- Monthly reporting, completing MDDs and report packs to Investment Partners on each Fund.
- Responsible for the administration of day-to-day forex trades.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem Solving and critical thinking.
- Analytical ability.
- Client service orientated.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Planning and organising.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Be a team player as well as able to work independently.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION:
A related qualification, however, experience is more important than a qualification.
At least 3 years’ experience in a portfolio administration role in the CIS industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Traits:
- Industry knowledge.
- Systems knowledge.
- Understanding Board Notice 90 of CISCA.
- Understanding of Reg. 28 of Pension Funds Act.
Skills, Abilities and Traits:
- Excel (advanced).
- Verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Numerical reasoning.
- Inductive reasoning.
- Decision making.
- Time management.
- Professional etiquette.
- Stress management.
- Integrity / accountability.
Market related remuneration on offer.
Area: Plattekloof, Cape Town.
To start as soon as possible.
Working hours: Mon – Fri: 08:00 – 17:00
Please apply directly on the recruitment platform if you adhere to the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.