Our Client in Brackenfell, Northern Suburbs of Cape Town (Construction industry) has a 2 month contract available for a Payroll Administrator. This is a junior role.
Responsibilities include: Payroll Administration, Capture PO’s, Wages, Administration
We are looking for an experienced Admin Wages and Payroll Assistant to log, capture and calculate all wages and manage the team Paysoft queries and time logs. The candidate should be able to work under pressure and be precise on calculations and attention to detail.
An excellent Admin wages and Payroll administrator will be well-versed in all administrative tasks and procedures and able to coordinate tasks accordingly to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all Payroll / Wage are calculated correctly and on time according to requirements.
Responsibilities listed as below and not limited to:
- Gather / receive all fortnightly payroll information from all different active Sites for pay slip calculation.
- Ensure teams are allocated to Sites and do head count each morning before teams leave for Site
- Track teams on tracker and log daily hours and over time.
- Submit daily head count list per Site to MD for approval
- Update and completion of fortnightly pay slips to be reviewed and approved by MD;
- Submit all payments (own accounts and Paysoft) to Bookkeeper for uploading on banking system
- Upload approved wages onto Paysoft system
- Liaise with Paysoft for timeous payment of wages batch (fortnightly)
- Liaise with Paysoft for issuing of new cards; etc.
- Submit payroll PAYE & UIF info to Accountants for processing and payment
- Print pay slips for issuing to all fortnightly employees
- Attend to all payroll queries
- Capture daily PO’s and Recon Monthly PO’s / PO slips.
- Capture every day
- Update, do changes every fortnight, add and remove, create new fortnight every 2nd
- Sort out Queries
- Check all info to be correct and Safe
- Every 2nd week Thu / Fri – Capture last day wages, check through all pay slips to see if all adds up in order, do deductions and or extra monies
- Print all pay slips, fold all pay slips
- Add all info on spread sheet and keep updated.
- Add all info onto Paysoft spread sheet, calculate, match – send to Accounts
- Sort out Paysoft queries with guys if need be on new cards, statements, and any other queries.
- Update attendance registers, print out registers, take count if need be, send totals to groups / CEO / Accountant.
- Collect all supplier / Tar slips and allocate to projects as running costs.
- Check all rental equipment and liaise with supplier accordingly to book back any equipment.
- Manage Petrol usage – check warehouse for any petrol cans and highlight to management.
- Assistance to Accounts and Projects and any other tasks allocated.
- Assist with answering the company Telephone.
- Matric / Grade 12
- 3 to 4 years Payroll admin experience
- Proven experience in Payroll and wages
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities