Our Client is a leading Print Media Company servicing the FMCG sector, located in Paarden Eiland.
CORE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Responsible for the setup, operations and management of the Packaging department and ensure a controlled environment.
- Ensures that all activities are planned and coordinated, thereby ensuring customer requirements and on time delivery objectives are met.
- Ensure that all jobs are according to the Company standards.
- Maximises productivity and efficiency through quality improvements in order to increase profitability.
- Planning and distribution of all client jobs for Litho / Digital including campaigns.
- Follow instructions on work tickets, read & understand.
- Plan jobs for each shift accordingly as per work ticket schedule, ensure that each shift understands what is required and that jobs are packed accordingly.
- Ordering and stock taking of packing material.
- Working closely with dispatch as to ensure that jobs have to be distributed for the day, thus making distribution department run smoothly.
- Ensure at all times that production & efficiencies are according to company standards.
- Daily time management via blick / prism systems.
- Throughput of production at set Quoted standards – communicate job status to Production manager.
- Ensure that outsourced company are well briefed on jobs that need to be inserted thus making sure of no mix up.
- Pre – shift inspection making sure that all scales are collaborated and labelling machines serviced regular ensuring accurate counts per jobs.
- Ensure quality measures are in place and customers copies are distributed on time to each region.
- Ensure compliance to OHSA regulations i.e. protective wear.
- Minimum Matric Certificate.
- Standard 40 hr work week, 08.00 - 17.00, Mon - Fri, Overtime as and when required
- Hyster Drivers licence
- MS Office capability
- Experience in Print Media environment would be an advantage