Opportunity exists or a Design Intern to join a dynamic all-natural skin care company with their head office based in the Winelands of Cape Town. Ideal candidate has 1+ years of experience in Beauty/FMCG packaging or visual merchandising design. Remote/flexible, at your discretion, subject to acceptable work performance.
- Developing and maintaining, and creating all packaging and visual merchandising assets
- Skincare packaging, secondary packaging
- Seasonal packaging, visual merchandising multi-location roll-outs
- Follow CI guidelines and ensure brands are properly upheld in all marketing collateral
- Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization
- Work closely with the creative agency team in translating our brand vision into both packaging and visual merchandising touch points
- Prepare materials for meetings and presentations
- Detail oriented and organized designer
- Ideal candidate has 1+ years of experience in Beauty/FMCG packaging or visual merchandising design
- Strong design portfolio with a focus on typography, colour, and trends
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 3D rendering skills are a plus
- Work closely with creative agency designers to maintain design standards and help evolve visual systems as we continue to grow into new markets, partnerships, legal requirements, etc
- A self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong design, verbal, organizational, and time management skills
- Flexible and creative problem solver
- Ability to embrace curiosity and creativity
- Knowledge of dielines and package design
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, with the ability to successfully work on multiple assignments while meeting deadlines
This is a 6-month contract with the opportunity to grow in Design and gain cross functional experience.
Ready to apply?
To learn more about this exciting role, please email your CV + include details of your portfolio as part of your application to email@example.com
Closing date for this position is 31st October 2021. Only suitably qualified/shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.