Our client is the leading aerial advertising in South Africa. They have been successfully operating for 10 years and are looking to expand their Sales force.
Main Purpose :
The Sales Rep is responsible for overseeing and being actively involved in maintaining existing clients, developing new business channels successfully and ensuring that campaigns are executed successfully, also from an administration perspective.
Three key areas:
- Business development
- Marketing activities
- Campaign management
Position within Organisation:
Reports to: Managing Director
- Liaises internally with the chairman, managing director, general manager operations, flight and ground crew and quality manager.
- Liaises externally with media agencies, resellers, clients as well as publications and media houses.
Business development (80%)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients directly as well as media agencies and resellers, ensuring that the platform is included in media proposals, whereby a high-level contact needs to be maintained.
- Identify and generate new business opportunities on an ongoing basis in order to achieve predetermined sales targets.
- This is pegged at 30 customer contacts per day, subject to variations depending on the workload and current commitments.
- Prepare and present custom proposals and presentations to media agencies, resellers as well as new and existing clients in order to negotiate and close contracts.
- Negotiate and develop banner design concepts, flight routings as well flight schedules.
Marketing activities (10%)
- Obtain exposure in publications such as print, online and otherwise, by engaging media houses with noteworthy news. This includes but is not limited to drafting and copywriting the conceptual articles.
- Oversee and manage social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram on a continual basis.
- Arranging for the company to attend relevant industry events and conferences.
Campaign management (10%)
- Liaise with the General Manager: Operations, Flight & Ground Crew to ensure that campaigns are executed as scheduled. This includes but is not limited to confirming flyable days with regards to weather, ensuring banner repair schedules are maintained, facilitate routing briefings with all stakeholders and manage the client’s flight schedule.
- Scheduling and maintaining of all flights on the FBMS, including the order book.
- Oversee the production and importing of banners and related parts.
- Reporting on sales objectives and performance.
- Sales experience;
- Aviation background is advantageous but not a requirement;
- Computer literacy;
- Previous experience with CRM’s and management software ;
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop advantageous but not essential;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, time-management and organisational skills since this role collaborates with several departments;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Self-starter and positive attitude: think creatively and laterally;
- Highly motivated with a genuine drive to succeed;
- Reliable internet access at home;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transport;
- Occasional travel within South Africa.
This will be on a "work from home" basis - with weekly meetings held near the V & A.
This is not a permanent arrangement and will change in the future.