Primary responsibilities of the Business Development Manager are to provide leadership in achieving the company’s mission and goals which create and enhance relationships with ‘Hearing Implant Centers’ and ENT Surgeons primarily. This is to be achieved within South Africa & neighboring countries.
This will require the provision of day-to-day support, training, and related supervisory responsibilities to the team members in achieving their objectives and extensive travel to clinics in order to sustain relationships with customers in the field.
SALES AND SERVICE STRATEGIC PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Sales & Marketing Business plan for South Africa on a regular basis (3-5 years)
- Establish Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and tools to strengthen our partnership with costumers
- Develop Customer Service models for South Africa
- Utilize, train and advocate a ‘relationship management’ for working with customers at every level – internal and external.
- Develop and execute initiatives to maintain and/or enhance hearing implant center satisfaction with the company.
- Provide clear and consistent supervision of the South African Team
- Provide feedback to the organization on challenges, issues and needs to ensure success.
- Strong cooperation with our local stakeholders and business partners
- Provide annual expense budget and sales forecast to Africa Development & Regional Manager to the company’s Head of Finance.
- Monitor revenue and spending flows of South Africa and manage activities to maximize financial performance
- Provide coaching and guidance to the South Africa Team in understanding the budget and management of expenses.
- Plan, develop and execute necessary initiatives to achieve South Africa sales/profit goals.
- Collaborate with external accountant(s) and the company’s Finance department to be in line with local legislation & requirements and follow company requirements and meet relevant deadlines
- With the assistance of the company’s Registration Department, Finance and Reimbursement departments work to improve the understanding and financial performance of the regional hearing implant centers.
- Work with the Africa Development & Regional Manager, Marketing Team, and other African Team members to enhance the company’s brand image and reputation of the company.
- Monitor and gather feedback from South Africa on competitive activities and report to the company’s leadership.
- Frequent travel to hearing implant centers, ENT surgeons visits and local/regional Congresses and professional events.
- Conduct and submit performance reviews of staff as required.
- Maintain comprehensive data on center hearing implant purchase/implantation.
- Provide regular reports (e.g monthly sales & activity report) to Africa Development & Regional Manager