Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualifications: Studying towards a National Diploma(Microbiology/Biotechnology) OR BTech(Biotechnology); or BTech(Food technology with Microbiology) or BSc(Micro/Biotechnology)
- Experience in laboratory work would be an advantage or prior working experience within a laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 would be advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Assist with sample login onto the LIMS system.
- Ensure that samples are prepared for analyses using appropriate methods.
- Set up and conduct microbiological analyses.
- Entering test results onto the LIMS system.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Prepare media and reagents used for analyses.
- Maintain, clean, and sterilize laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Work in accordance of laboratory quality system ( ISO17025)
- Assist lab supervisor in maintaining laboratory system (verification records, control charts).
- Understand food regulation pertaining to products tested.
- Understand different product matrixes.
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to work in a team
- Be able to apply knowledge to the laboratory environment and hold a good understanding of Microbiology
- Self-starter and self-motivated with organisational skills
- Communication skills
- A demonstrated flexible and innovative approach to work
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines