To provide IT expertise, advice and leadership in the design, creation, testing and documentation of new and enhanced applications and systems in accordance with agreed framework of programming standards. To assist in the development of IT operational implementation plans and associated IT proceses, methods and techniques.
- B.Comm, B.Eng, BSC Eng, BSC Informatics or related degree
- 5 years + experience in Java programming and system design.
- System design experience
- Preferable: .Net skills
- Understanding of object oriented and procedural paradigms
- High level of expertise of various programming techniques and best practices
- Comfortable in a number of programming languages
- Optimises code for efficient execution
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of business requirements. Ability to provide ideas which may have a bearing on design early in the process
- Advanced ability to design codes tests, debugs and corrects sections of code programs (stringent testing cycle) to obtain sign off for a robust solution with supporting documentation. Able to provide guidance to fellow programmers. Provides high level input to vendor management and assists in expertly resolving any disputes