Our client in the IT industry based in Cape Town is currently looking to employ a QA Manager.
Main purpose of the position:
- Responsible for establishing processes and procedures to optimise product test cases and test suites for all of projects.
- Managing the execution of manual and automated tests. Implementing strategies, writing test reports, test plans and test strategy and updating databases to drive continuous quality improvements and ensure compliance with regulations and company policy.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in managing manual and automated test/quality assurance teams
- ISTQB/ISEB qualification will be an advantage.
- Experience with CI tools and executing automated tests.
- Experience working with mobile devices in an automation context.
- Experience using a test case management platform.
- Experience using Selenium WebDriver with the Python programming language.
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science or an equivalent.
- Knowledge of security standards, penetration and performance testing.
- Experience with Appium or similar automation suites.
Key Performance Areas:
- Define and implement appropriate test approach and plan for conducting the project specific test activities, respecting the overall programme test strategy
- Understand and apply the environment strategy and plan for managing the test environments across all projects
- Oversee all aspects of quality control and assurance for the test deliverables
- Act as lead and mentor for all consultants involved in test activities for the defined projects
- Plan and estimate project deliverables
- Participation in sprint planning sessions and project retrospectives.
- Work closely with product owners to ensure efficient delivery of automation tests
- Understand the front-end and back-end architecture
- Develop and maintain reports with test plan and test execution results and communicate these to the technical team lead and the management team.
- Effectively maintain and manage the test case and automation frameworks
- Work closely with the DevOps team to maintain automation pipelines
- Investigate errors and raise necessary tickets with the relevant teams
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.