Our client has an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual to fill a prime sales role in their dynamic
organisation and be at the forefront of cutting edge technology and innovation globally.
The right person for the job is highly motivated and has a strong sales and entrepreneurial DNA combined
with solid IT & Cybersecurity knowledge. They understand business needs and how technology can solve
business problems and are able to translate complex topics in an impactful and relevant way to inspire
others to see their vision. They have a global mindset and thrive on new clients, new business and new
The following key words describe the suitable individual:
- hungry (driven to succeed, determined, disciplined, high energy, self motivated etc)
- integrity (authentic, trustworthy, credible, humble, socially aware, caring, empathetic etc)
- influence (lead by example, firm when needed, persuasive, well liked etc)
- intelligent (educated, articulate, quick-thinking)
- enquiring mind (interested in how things work, does the research, can explain complex topics simply)
- diligent (tenacious, perseveres, resilient)
- professional (confident, presentable, tactful, polite, accepts responsibility, reliable etc)
- bold (prepared to take on the world)
- Have at least 7+ years IT sales experience in a target driven environment or a similar entrepreneurial background, preferably selling into a global marketplace.
- Tertiary education preferable
- Ideally have some technical / architect / domain experience or background.
- Prior exposure or a strong interest in cyber security is a definite advantage.
- Have a track record of exceeding new business sales revenue targets (this is not an account management role).
- An articulate, authentic and engaging communicator and networker.
- A self-starter with a hunger to excel and the ability to work well within a fast-paced team.
- Confidence to pitch to C-level decision makers.
- Able to think laterally and be a creative deal maker.
- Meticulous and detailed with excellent numeracy skills
- Possess the ability to drive new business with the patience / resilience to keep on at it through extended and complex sales cycles.
- Have an understanding of business decision making processes and structures.
- Have a passion for cutting-edge technology solutions.
- Able to travel locally or internationally if necessary
Roles and Responsibility
- Develop leads and leverage marketing and networking opportunities to create sales
- Develop and maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Conduct executive-level sales engagements (either face to face or remote) and establish & maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, understanding the technical needs of the customer and articulating the value of our client's products and solutions in meeting those needs at an Enterprise Level.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, business cases, PoC’s and sales contracts in collaboration with
the technical team.
- Conclude commercial and contractual negotiations.
- Manage and monitor client implementations.
- Manage client handovers to Account Management.
- Be proactive in developing & maintaining the required level of knowledge in Cloud technologies.