Investment Strategy Manager (Fintech)
R1.2m - R1.4m (Neg) plus bonus
Superb career opportunity with boutique global investment firm. you will be responsible for leading the organization's efforts to source
suitable Fintech investment opportunities. In doing so, will provide support to the Investment and Banking Development teams in their engagements with prospective Fintech investees with the aim of successfully closing new investment deals.
Key performance areas
- Lead project teams for fintech investments including co-supervising and providing guidance and mentoring peers on Fintech transaction processing, including conducting company due diligence, valuation, financial analysis, and transaction structuring.
- Provides guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop team’s knowledge and understanding of the Fintech market and opportunities.
- Foster the strategic direction of Fintech investment mandate, through researching Fintech investment opportunities, and novel technology solutions with an eye on investing.
- Leverage the portfolio management and deal opportunity technology tools availed to the Invest
Qualifications and experience
- Honour’s degree or equivalent within relevant field.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in Fintech investment management, including sourcing, analysing, preparation of investment feasibility papers, deal conclusion and management of Fintech investments.
- Strong expertise in financial modelling and valuation techniques of Fintech’s within a development world to facilitate sound investment initiatives.
- Clear evidence of having a broad network in the fintech investment community at large.
- Advanced understanding of current and emerging Fintech solutions and technologies, including understanding of sub-sectors of Fintech (such as payments, credit) and application of Fintech solutions for banking institutions.
- Deep understanding of tech-driven business models with the potential to disrupt existing industries and/or expanding reach to new markets.