A fast growing online fashion business based in South Africa are looking for an experienced Head of Product to join their team of experts.
- Product Vision. Define and drive the integrated product strategy for the business, ensuring strategy is aligned with business goals, and communicated effectively to stakeholders.
- Product Execution. Maximise the product team’s ability to execute consistently, rapidly, and effectively. This includes implementing and best practices for product planning, customer discovery and research, and product development - and ensuring positive collaboration with other departments within the business.
- Team Development. Identify and recruit potential talent, and work actively and continuously with the team to exploit their strengths and develop areas of weakness. Build a team that is engaged, energised, and motivated, and a product culture that is focussed on delivering business and customer value.
- Contribution to Management Team. Able to collaborate effectively with all members of the management team, and contribute to business strategy and vision.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent industry experience, would be beneficial.
- At least 6 years of product management experience that includes 2 years in a mobile environment (preferably ecommerce).
- Data and research driven, analytical approach to features and changes.
- Proven track record of delivering business value.
- Detail oriented, and comfortable generating relevant artefacts for an effective, light production process.
- Proficiency to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Familiarity and significant experience with agile and lean processes.
- Thorough knowledge of prevailing and emerging mobile trends and technologies.
- A great communicator with presentation experience. Able to convey complex concepts in a simple and digestible manner.
- Strong commercial acumen, with proven track record of using product improvements to realise market opportunities. Able to articulate strategies in terms of impact on business metrics.
- Experience in both setting and executing the product strategy to achieve set business goals.
- Exceptional planning, project management and problem-solving skills
Key attributes and competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- An appreciation for best practices and innovation in product design and development, user experience, and team management.
- Excellent leadership, communication and persuasive skills.
- Strategic orientation with an attention to detail.
- Structured thinking, ability to remove ambiguity and work under pressure.
- Self-starter and moves quickly.
- Decisive and able to take accountability, and balance multiple priorities.
- Can solve complex problems and distil into deliverables.
- Proficiency to work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments and executives, and lead cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.