Our Client a well established Beach Resort and Spa in Zanzibar is recruiting for an experienced General Manager for their Deluxe Establishment.
The suitable candidate will be taking full responsibility for the property's day to day operations, budgets and profitability by effectively planning, leading, organising and controlling all aspects of strategy, marketing, budgets, finances, standards and maintenance.
To effectively manage the property, staff and everyday Hotel/ Resort operations, to achieve optimal guest and stakeholder satisfaction, ensure compliance, maximization of financial performance, and working environment in accordance with the standard operating procedures, policies and quality standards of the Hotel in General.
Job Specific Requirements
• Critical success factors of the Hotel / Resort and Industry;
• In-depth knowledge of Rooms Division and Food & Beverage Departments;
• In-depth knowledge of Yield and Revenue Management;
• Understanding of Hospitality Industry Ratio’s;
• Working knowledge of Human Resource Policies and Practices;
• Working knowledge of legislation applicable to the Hospitality Industry;
• Understanding of Marketing, Sales and channel principles and processes;
• Working knowledge of financial and administrative Principles;
• Working knowledge of POS and PMS systems;
• Basic understanding of IT, AV & Telecommunications software & hardware systems;
• Knowledge of Diverse Cultures - Previous experience in Africa would be an advantage.
Job Related Skills:
• Problem Solving Skills;
• Negotiating Skills;
• Interpersonal Skills;
• Leadership Skills;
• Training & Coaching Skills;
• Numerical & Verbal Reasoning Skills;
• Communication skills (Written & verbal);
• People Management Skills
Minimum 5 -10 years relevant Senior General Management Hotel / Resort experience. Preference will be given to candidates that have had previous experience in East Africa.
• Must be entrepreneurial and a self-starter that thrives on achieving exceptional results.
• Must be independent in thinking;
• Ability to forecast market conditions and strategically develop a business plan accordingly.
• Must be detail -oriented and deliver outstanding customer service, and maintain a pristine property.
• The ability to be a great leader and motivate a team
• A can-do, guest-pleasing attitude
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link