Support the Communications and Fundraising team, reporting to the Communications and Fundriaising Manager, in cultivating fundraising opportunities and maintaining relationship with donors and funders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the Company’s donor database – Salesforce CRM specifically focusing on Corporate, business, government, Foundations and Trusts
- Research, write and submit written funding proposals of a high standard within agreed deadlines as well as final written reports at the conclusion of the funding period.
- Maintain existing relationships and secure new donors to meet the income targets set.
- Seek regular opportunities for self, executive, and Communications Management to engage with potential donors (corporates, businesses, benefactors, foundations and individuals –Oversee, maintain, monitor and assist in securing individual donor income against a set target
- Ensure the management of the process of pledges via debit orders including thank you’s, rejected debit orders and cancellations
- Track and measure the level of engagement through agreed upon timelines
- Regular communication as well as annual reports to funders & donors in order to cultivate and maintain relationships
- To achieve quarterly funding targets agreed to with the CFRM in the funding strategy
- Provide regular written and verbal communication with seniors as agreed
- If required, assist with the planning, running and effective organising of fundraising events such as gala dinners, receptions, parties, Golf day etc. within agreed requirements and timelines, if and when needed.
- Generate thank you letters and section 18A’s for monetary donations as well as donations in kind via email or post.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a fundraising, communications, marketing or public relations role
- Experience in managing and executing across several communications media
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Marketing and/or public relations and event management qualifications at a tertiary institution such as college or technical institutions
- Proven track record of fundraising against set targets
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Must possess excellent organisational and planning skills
- Project management and time management skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self- motivated and a self- starter with a positive and professional approach
3 years + experience in a Fundraising role or Communication Managers role
An appropriate Bachelor’s degree with marketing and public relations
Reports to The Communications & Fundraising Manager