Purpose of the role:
Design, build and maintain frontend applications using the appropriate coding and scripting languages, content management tools and other related software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with a team of developers and designers building front-ends for Silicon Valley
- Care and fight for the end-user experience and contribute to raising the baseline of what is the UI/UX industry standard.
- Take ownership and responsibility for what you do, the huge creative freedom and ability to influence the project allows for this
- Build relationships with developers in Poland,San Francisco, Cape Town and Brazil.
- 5+ years of experience as Front-end Developer,
- Preferably experience in React (other frameworks like Angular, Vue also possible, but if you want to work in React at the end),
- Familiarity with Git, front-end tools and bundlers,
- Good knowledge of CSS and CSS pre-processors,
- Independent problem solving, but also being an excellent team player,
- Good command of English (written & spoken),
You will get extra points for:
- TypeScript, Flux knowledge,
- Backend technology knowledge (Node.js, Python, Java, C++),
- Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes / AWS / deployment process,
- Experience in creating projects from scratch,
- State / data management patterns and solutions (Redux / Mobx),
- Knowledge how to make well-designed
- Working with US-based startups and Fortune 500 clients on demanding but at the same time rewarding projects,
- Non-corporate work environment
- Experienced PM and QA support
- Regular code reviews policy
- Trendy work space at Cape Town CBD and surrounds
- You will have a lot of chances to develop your programming skills as well as learn a lot about how tech business is done in the US
- International links with teams on 4 continents.