The successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial management support and advice to stakeholders in a well-established financial property company, in order to enable them to make sound business decisions. Assume the primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, managing and controlling financial-related activities within the company, Private Entities and other business units under management. Ensures financial practices and information are in line with company policy and all statutory legislation & regulations.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts & Financial Reporting
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack in order to fully assess the performance.
- Reviewing of the financial information prepared by the central accounting service team.
- Sole accounting responsibility for company and Private Entities.
- Compiling monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation file, to ensure integrity of financial statement line items presented.
Cost Analysis & Control
- Analysis and identification of incurred costs versus budget and prior year, in order to fully understand cost drivers for key stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Identify cost saving opportunities in order to improve the financial performance of each business unit.
- Review reconciled expenditure reports to test the validity of costs.
- Calculate and reconcile VAT payable on a monthly basis.
- Review of monthly EMP201 submission.
- Annual income tax calculation and submission to CFO for review.
- Check, verify and release electronic bank payments of the underlying entities as second (A level) approver.
- Approve first level for own entities.
- Second signatory for all cheque payments.
- Second signatory for all foreign payments.
- Ensure cash-flow across the underlying entities is maintained at optimum level.
- Ensuring accurate and timely submission of time sheet information for all teams under management.
- Ensuring that payroll related costs are within approved Manplan structure for business units under management.
- Review and approval of final pay register (VIP) for business units under management, before staff are paid.
- Ensure on an annual basis that the pricing model for the underlying entities is both fair (industry norms) and sustainable.
Budgeting & Budgetary Control
- Compile the annual budgets and submit for Exco approval. Assist with budgeting for other group companies.
- Review the budgeted fees and expenses for large variances and resolve prior to the CFO conducting his review.
- Preparation of forecast for the rest of the financial year.
- Preparation of the budgeted income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements including determining funding needs for the year ahead.
External Audit & Preparation of Annual Financial Statements (AFS)
- Preparing the Annual Audit files as per Group Instructions received.
- Assisting the rest of the finance teams with execution of the Group Instructions received.
- Provide assistance to the finance teams to resolve audit queries and ensure the audit is completed in an appropriate time frame.
- Review financial statements to ensure they are prepared in accordance with IFRS and agree to final trail balance.
Leadership and Management
- Manages own teams performance to ensure delivery of the approved finance strategy across designated departments.
- Gives regular, comprehensive and constructive feedback to team and conducts their performance appraisals.
- Adjusts management style to get the best from the individuals within the team.
- Delegates work to team members taking into account their capacity, level of skill and exposure to different types of work and complexity; provides clear instructions and direction, with reasonable deadlines.
- Develop relationships with Exco and OPCO Financial Managers as a trusted advisor.
- Maintain strong working relationships with, and have open and transparent communication between all members of the team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors to ensure service delivery of high quality.
- Ensure all members within the central accounting team are proficient in using the ERP system to its full capability.
- Ensuring the central accounting team has skills and knowledge to deliver an effective and efficient service to all business units.
- Support the business as and when ad-hoc financial request come in and provide information that is accurate, of a high standard and delivered within required timeframes.
BCom Hons with articles or equivalent essential
CIMA, CA (SA) preferable
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a management position within Accounting or Finance
Hospitality & Tourism Industry experience beneficial
Advance MS Office knowledge
Advance Financial Accounting Systems knowledge (SAGE Partner or Evolution)