General Employment - Other General Employment
- Ensuring accurate and proper financial accounting with proper checks and scrutiny.
- Reconciliation of the general ledger, sub-ledgers, fixed asset register, balance sheet schedules and related reports using
- Management of the general ledger (including preparation of closing entries – provisions and accruals);
- Preparation of the monthly P&L and balance sheet reports and forecasts.
- Management of receivables – ensuring invoicing is done accurately and timely.
- Management of payables – ensuring invoices are paid on time and accurately.
- Reconciliation of the intercompany clearing account (WIP) twice per month.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register including regular asset verification.
- Overseeing the monthly processing of Payroll and reconciliation of payroll-related GL accounts.
- Cash forecasting and planning.
- Ensuring compliance with Group and Local policies and procedures.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. B. Com)
- Up to 5 years post qualifying experience
- Strong accounting fundamentals and good knowledge of South African tax-related issues
- Payroll experience
- Experience using Pastel Evolution and Pastel Payroll would be advantageous
- Advanced excel skills