FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT – Cape Town
R450 – R600 000 Per Annum CTC Negotiable on Qualification and Years of Relevant Experience
Global Consulting Firm is seeking a high performing Finance professional who is commercially minded, technically accounting strong and possess the proven ability to work will with systems.
The role will report to the CFO.
One would describe you as possessing the strategic financial insight and ability to think on your feet and to communicate financial information for decision making purposes.
You are a flexible, responsive and results-orientated problem solver who has a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritise works effectively. Furthermore, you are a self-motivated and a collaborative team player.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Take responsibility for all processing and reporting functions within the finance team, ensuring all financial matters across the business, both local and international are addressed. Working closely with the business, you will provide support and advice in line with company strategic objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified CA(SA) | ACCA | CIMA | Relevant Finance Related Qualification
- Track record of academic excellence!
- 1-7 Years relevant accounting expertise (qualification dependant)
- Experience gained within a medium scale enterprise (SME) within the consulting / financial services / investment arena is highly advantageous!
- Strong excel skills are essential and exposure to SAGE would be beneficial!
- Experience working across international entities, foreign currency and inter-company transactions
- Sound working knowledge of accounting practices and principles, IFRS and Companies Act.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Value Added Tax and other tax legislative requirements locally, and in international jurisdictions.
- Experience in the interpretation and use of accounting standards and the Companies Act.
- Proven relationship management as well as leadership skills
- Excellent communication and the proven ability to work as a productive, collaborative and positive team member
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting business decision making by providing accurate financial reports, insights and analysis.
- Identifying risks and opportunities that impact the business.
- Ensuring statutory compliance with local and international tax regulations.
- Compiling management accounts and variance checking for all entities.
- Producing annual expense budget and monthly review of expenditure against budget.
- Implementing and driving system and process efficiencies
- Forecasting, monitoring and managing cash flow.
- Producing annual revenue forecasts, monitoring and reporting on progress against targets.
- Perform duties necessary for the accurate calculation of payrolls, maintenance of records and distribution of payroll reports.
To apply, please forward a detailed copy of your CV to Nicole Spamers: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com and Andrea Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org