Red Ember Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Executive Manager Product Development Heavy Ammunition in Cape Town
Division: Product Development – Somerset West
Reporting to: General Manager: Product Development
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for leading the group tasked with the development of Heavy Ammunition for international and local clients
Key Performance Areas:
- Leads the technical group responsible for the development of new Ammunition Motors and Heavy Ammunition for international and local clients
- Strengthen and develop the technical know-how and capabilities to support the future of Heavy Ammunition strategies.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of Product Strategies.
- Plan and manage the allocation of manpower and budgets in the group to ensure effective execution of projects and optimum use of available people.
- Take final responsibility for the Technical Performance, Quality of projects being executed in the Group.
- Conduct and execute succession planning in such a way that Critical Skills are timely identified and successors are appointed and mentored to ensure continuity in core capability.
- Execute line management functions (Budgeting, Performance Management, succession planning, etc.)
- Provide support for Protocols during marketing campaigns, proposal preparation and customer technical complaints
- Provide technical support to production or Quality during investigations.
- BSc/BEng/BTech in Engineering. (Mechanical or Aeronautics). Post-graduate qualification in Gasdynamics preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the development process of ammunition or sub-systems for rockets and missiles. 8 to 10 years preferable
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Good communication, planning and organizing skills.
- Experience in line management functions required
- Strong computer skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated.