About the role:
Finance Solutions require an Enterprise Business Analyst with strong Accounting acumen in order to plan, design, develop and launch efficient business, financial and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes across the Finance Solutions platform.
The Enterprise Business Analyst within the agile approach supports the Product Owner with analysing the business requirements, shaping and grooming the product backlog.
The Enterprise Business Analyst works closely with Solution Architects and Business Analysts, ensuring that the most appropriate solution architecture is applied throughout the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The Enterprise Business Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to leverage capabilities and maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
- Responsible for shaping high level requirements, generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to business problems. This includes gathering and analysing data in support of business cases, proposed projects and requirements.
- The individual will also lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Analyses complex business requirements and creates consumable designs for business analysts to further refine.
- Provide support and collaborate with project management, change management, training, design, development and testing competencies.
- Identify anomalies across business processes and facilitates efficient execution of the business operation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BCom Accounting with Information Systems or Business as a major.
- Chartered Accountant CA (SA) / BSc / BCom / BTech / BEng/ qualification will be advantageous
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Senior Business Analyst.
- Relevant accreditation in Business Analysis from an industry recognized training institution e.g. CBAP, FTI will be advantageous.
- Experience within the Short-Term Insurance industry (or in broader Financial Services industry) advantageous.
- Experience in requirements elicitation (Functional & Non-Functional), workshop facilitation, conducting demo’s.
- Experience in writing project concepts and proposals, building business models and roadmaps.
- Experience in working with systems development lifecycle (SDLC), and agile methodologies in projects.
- Experience with agile scrum, scrum master role, sprint planning, managing product.
- Backlogs, writing user stories, running inception phases and agile reporting.
- Experience in Transformational projects with multidiscipline and cross boundaries.
- Experience in managing mini-projects (Business Enhancements) advantageous.
- Experience working with Atlassian (Jira and Confluence) advantageous.
- Experience in building presentations, creating visual representation of requirements, architecture or designs, creating wireframes and prototypes, provide input to and working with solution architecture.
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Team work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Process Modelling
- Presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Business acumen with thorough knowledge and understanding of business, process and technology environments
- Excellent facilitations skills, assess various opinions and recommend solution/requirement and action
- SQL queries
- UX design
- Ability to effectively deal with conflict situations and complexity
- Ability to plan, organize and manage own workload and timelines aligned to project plans
- Communication with stakeholders both internal and external, in business or technical terms, and at different levels of the organization
- Emotional Intelligence
- Client focus
- Cultivates Innovation
- Drives Results
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Change leadership
- Trend Analysis
- Business Analysis
- Mentoring of BA’s
- Project Oversight
- Reporting and Administration
- Building and maintaining relationships, relating and networking
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Results driven
- Conceptual thinker
- Deciding, initiating and managing action
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.