Our Client in Brackenfell, Northern Suburbs of Cape Town, has a 6 month contract role available for a Drill Operator on Vermeer machines to start as soon as possible. The contract will be renewed, depending on the projects.
The successful candidate will work all over South Africa where the specific project takes place.
Open to South African citizens with a valid SA ID.
IMPORTANT: To all applicants when applying, please answer the following questions (you can add it in your CV or Overview/Summary):
- List projects that you worked on (high level).
- How many meters of drilling have you done? (either per day or per week or per month)
- Which machines did you operate?
- Train construction or extraction crews on proper procedures to ensure drills are used safely and effectively,
- Install and operate drilling equipment, including moving throttles and levers to control the speed of rotary tables, observing the pressure gauge, and regulating tool pressure at the bottoms of boreholes,
- Determine depths of boreholes by counting sections of drill rod,
- Control gasoline, diesel, electric or steam draw works by pushing brake pedals and levers to lower and raise casings and drill pipes on and out of wells,
- Connect drill pipe sections by using hand tools and powered tongs and wrenches,
- Adjust and maintain machinery for proper performance, including changing drill bits; repairing or replacing defective parts; and cleaning and oiling pulleys, cables and blocks,
- Begin and examine slush pump operation for consistency and circulation of drilling fluid or mud in wells,
- Keep records of drilled footage, nature and location of penetrated strata, tools and materials used, services rendered, and amount of time required to complete each task. Photos to be taken.
- Reporting on Drills completed.
- Drill plan and scanning of services,
- Must be able to manage team and take full responsibility of team and equipment / Project,
- Must be presentable and be able to communicate on all levels.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Work outdoors under various weather conditions,
- Install and operate drilling and construction equipment,
- Learn various job-related software programs,
- Good control precision, manual dexterity, and arm-hand steadiness,
- Tack Record of drills completed / Projects worked on with references,
- 5 years and more experienced on a drill,
- Knowledge of the Vemeer D9 and Vermeer D20 drill,
- Admin / Computer skills,
- Own Transport and cell phone / laptop if possible.
- High school certificate/diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in construction