Purpose of the Job:
As a recognized authority in retail store operations solutions (Point of Sale, Loyalty, Retail Inventory, Procure-to-Pay and Store Management for FMCG, Food Services and Wholesale), the Domain Architect strategically advises on and drives the Store Operations strategy that underpin all business solutions, creates the architectures for these platforms and architecturally leads the realization of the architecture roadmap into the target state. Extensive subject matter knowledge of store operations is essential, including Point of Sale, Loyalty and Rewards, Retail Inventory, Stock Take, Labeling and Barcodes, Procure-to-Pay, Food production and butchery, Wholesale, Franchise, Furniture and Small appliance retail and Pharmacy solutions, Extensive understanding of inventory management - preferably with some exposure to (S)Apics inventory management best practices is a must. Constant drive to improving operational efficiencies and reducing inventory loss should be the lifeblood of this individual. Understanding of the operational impact of e-commerce including in-store picking and standardization of store processes is a continuous journey.
- Consult on the Store Operations Strategy, develop Store Operations roadmaps and reference architectures, and govern the technology selection in support thereof.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the technology strategy and business priorities for Store Operations in the enterprise.
- Develop the Company’s Store Operations landscape roadmap and blueprints in line with the strategic business direction.
- Maintain, socialise and enforce Store Operations standards, keeping technology stakeholders up to date with changes in the technology standards highlighting potential impact to the enterprise.
- Keep abreast of the latest Store Operations technology trends and emerging technologies, determine the potential impact on the enterprise, and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
- Serve as the Store Operations domain architecture and design authority for all project and operational stakeholders, and ensure architecture quality across all solution platforms enabled by Store Operations technologies.
- Be clearly identified as the senior design authority as it relates to the Store Operations domains and provide technical guidance and leadership in solution proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architect and other Solution Architects in support of the definition and development of the overall retail solution landscape.
- Ensure applicable Architecture and Design reviews are conducted for Store Operations solutions in line with the defined IT governance and processes.
- Mentor solution architect / senior developers / designers / business analysts.
- Provide expert Store Operations guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs are in line with the Store Operations strategy and technology standards and conduct architecture and design reviews as part of the Architecture Review Committee.
- Define and develop the overall Store Operations architecture landscape in partnership with other Domain Architects and Solution Architects.
- Review proposed solution architectures ensuring alignment with architecture principles, the architecture framework, Store Operations reference architectures, set technology standards and identify critical gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Give guidance and advice to peers in respect to Store Operations solution designs ensuring the designs conform to industry best practices and standards.
- Contribute to solution architecture and design standards and SDLC governance requirements
- Define a framework for Solution Architecture and develop the policies and procedures and templates to guide and govern the Solution Architecture processes.
- Develop and maintain solution architecture principles and quality compliance criteria to guide technology decisions.
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc. Comp. Science (or similar)
- Architecture Framework Certified (TOGAF, ZACHMAN)
- Some form of Inventory Optimization Certification (Apics or similar)
- 15+ years’ Working experience within the IT industry.
- 10+ years’ Expert understanding of Store Operations architectures in the retail business.
- 10+ years’ Experience with Store Operations in the domains of Point of Sale, Loyalty and Rewards, Retail ERP, Stock Take, Labeling and Barcodes, Pharmaceutical store solutions, Small appliance and Furniture retail, Butchery management and Fresh Food Production.
- 10+ years Extensive understanding of inventory management and supply chain best practices - preferably with some exposure to (S)Apics education or best practises is a must.
- 5+ years’ Excellent architecture and design skills and proven track record delivering well architected complex enterprise class systems.
- 5+ Working experience with SAP Retail, SAP CAR, Retalix POS, NCR Loyalty Pro, Microsoft Navision, Argility ERP, Arch Retail, eSocket, Unisolv, Positill, Allegra Synergy, JDA Workforce Management, etc.
- 5 years Strong understanding of solution architecture, enterprise architecture frameworks, reference architectures, information and communication technologies, and business application patterns.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In depth knowledge of store operations solutions in a large retailer.
- Extensive experience with store operations architectures, migrations and implementations.
- Implementation experience of various store operations vendor solutions (e.g. SAP Retail, NCR, JDA, Flooid, etc.).
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.