The ideal candidate is a leader who has full understanding of literacy and a strong background within management and fund raising.
- Post Grad Diploma or higher either in Education, Business or Economics
- Must have 5 - 10 years Management experience
- Successful track record of fundraising in the NGO sector
- Strong proven experience in literacy development
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain existing and generate new strategic partnerships within the political, educational, business and civil sectors.
- Raise funds and build partnerships that ensure the organisation’s financial sustainability.
- Maintain solid relationships with funders.
- Collaboratively set and drive organisational strategy, budget and culture.
- Directly manage members of the Leadership Team.
- Comply with all requirements bestowed upon the Director in terms of the Kings Report on Corporate Governance.
- Further our agenda via thought leadership in various fora, such as radio and television interviews, conferences, editorial contributions and CSI platforms.
- Participate in recruitment for key and senior roles.
- Regularly visit stakeholders and project teams located across the country.
Other important requirements you need to satisfy:
- Full understanding of the literacy environment in South Africa.
- Strong knowledge of community development dynamics and nuances, and how to design impactful campaigns and programmes that take these into account.
- Proven experience in designing or implementing behaviour change campaigns is advantageous.
- Experience working with and reporting to a board of trustees and donors.
- Proven track record of developing and executing strategy.
- Experience in leading teams in diverse geographical locations.
- Able to communicate succinctly, clearly and compellingly (verbal and written) in English and at least one additional African language.
- Comfortable and confident with public speaking to the media (radio and television and seminars and workshops), around advocating for children’s literacy rights.