Purpose of the Job:
To support the delivery of all initiatives for the specific portfolio of IT services aligned to a business unit or capability. To effectively support and manage the portfolio demand pipeline of projects, programmes, and product iterations required to develop and release IT services and features.
- Support and take ultimate accountability for a project or set of projects, enabling it to effectively deliver through active sponsorship, leadership and business involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, cost and quality requirements.
- Facilitates, manages and coordinates the coherent activities needed to design, develop, and release services or service changes.
- Manage the technology demand portfolio and facilitates appropriate processes & methods for prioritising demand under constraints of time and resources.
- Manages the criteria and evaluation of inputs to aid both business and IT stakeholders to agree on the prioritisation of new or changed services.
- Accountable for breaking down requirements into work schedules, for all delivery styles (waterfall, agile, hybrids).
- Manages resource availability and resource scheduling across projects and BAU activities, using appropriate tooling.
- Plans how new or changed services are transitioned into operations, co-ordinating with other functions to ensure organisational readiness for change. Technical planning for "go-live".
- Supports projects through delivery, using appropriate methodologies. Ensures delivery within sanctioned parameters and responsible for delivering objectives.
- Coaches and leads teams to deliver on time.
- Using best practice methods and tools, ensures that programme/project risks and issues are appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated.
- Ensures effective communication to all internal and external stakeholders on programmes and projects.
- Ensures visibility of IT resources, workloads, allocation, availability, and skills. Manages resource scheduling in the most optimal and efficient way possible.
- To manage support activities within agreed SLAs.
- Manage the relationships of relevant application suppliers to ensure delivery on work requests.
- Relevant Tertiary Degree or Diploma in BBusSci, Bcom Information Systems/Informatics (Honours), or BSc Eng, BEng
- Certifications: e.g. MSP, PRINCE2, PMBOK and /or Agile related training (e.g. SCRUM or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 3+ year’s business or technology management
- In addition, 3 years of dedicated Project Portfolio & Programme Management
- Experience in supporting the delivery of large complex initiative
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project management skills
- Relevant business/retail knowledge
- Commercial Management and Negotiation skills
- Leadership of multi-disciplined/skilled delivery teams within Portfolio
- Executive level stakeholder management experience
- Excellent communication skills
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.