Purpose of the Job:
To create a common understanding of the company’s information and data assets that allows stakeholders to identify business improvement opportunities and identify business-IT misalignment by developing an integrated view of the enterprise’s data and information, using an appropriate Information and Data Architecture Framework. This includes the definition of key business data objects, information assets and data entities, and building and maintaining associated information & data architecture models for the enterprise.
- Define and continuously improve the information and data architecture framework and modeling standards:
- Define a structured Information and Data architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Align the information and data architecture framework in support of the enterprise and regulatory information governance needs such as Information Security, Enterprise Information Management, POPI, PCI, etc.
- Identify, define, and communicate standards, guidelines, formats, meta-models, policies, best practices, and governance practices for Information and Data architectures and designs.
- Ensure that the Information and Data architecture approach integrates into the methodologies and processes of the rest of the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Define and create enterprise-level information and data architecture models that enable and facilitate analysis and clarity of the business strategy, goals, and priorities:
- Define the enterprise data architecture vision and strategy and roadmaps to implement the strategy.
- Identify common information and data that is shared across the enterprise and participate in the enterprise-wide efforts to reach common understanding of those information and data concepts and ownership.
- Create standard enterprise reference architecture models for common information and data (Information Reference Model, Data Reference Model, and Integration Reference Model).
- Develop current and desired future states of Information and Data assets to aid the organization in achieving its strategic goals. This covers concepts such as an Enterprise Canonical Data Model, Master Data Management, Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses, Relational Databases, data flow diagrams, data integration patterns, data dictionaries, key data usage patterns, etc.
- Define enterprise-level data flows and data lifecycles in support of key retail business processes.
- Perform gap analysis on current and desired future states and make recommendations regarding improvement opportunities to better accomplish the business’ objectives or to meet new challenges.
- Collaborate with the Business and Application architects and Information and Data management stakeholders to ensure overall alignment of the Information & Data Architecture with their requirements.
- Define and create solution level information and data architecture models that enable specific business requirements:
- Analyze the inputs and outputs of the business process and create related Information and Data architectures and designs for the baseline (“as is”) and target (“to be”) solution architectures.
- Define the business information flows and data lifecycles related to business processes.
- Define the data entities and data integration requirements for data that is shared across applications.
- Identify misalignment between data models of new systems and existing data models and manage any impact on the existing data models in the related implementation projects.
- Coordinate with system analysts, development teams, and DBAs to ensure the creation of physical database and optimal implementation of the data models/database design.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of information and data architecture outputs by executing the required governance and quality control within IT and business:
- Define information and data architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Perform quality assurance checks on Information and Data Architectures and Designs and enforce quality compliance criteria to set policies and standards.
- Perform quality checks on existing Information and Data Architectures and Designs to identify potential business risks area and make re-engineering recommendations.
- Ensure Information and Data security conforms to Information Security Governance policies and standards.
- Ensure that applications and IT projects align with Enterprise Data architecture standards
- Participate in assist architecture review board assesses architectures for conformance
- Maintain and administer the Information and Data Architectures in the Enterprise Architecture repository and ensure that its content is effectively organized and controlled so as to maintain consistency of architecture artifacts
- Educate stakeholders and provide subject matter expertise in the use of information and data architecture methodologies, standards, and tools to all stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership for developing and maintaining the Information and Data architecture for the enterprise.
Degree in Information Systems / B Sc. Comp. Science (or similar)
- 10 years IT industry experience
- 5 years Leadership role in an Information and Data analysis environment
- 5 + years’ experience with IT projects from an Information and Data architecture and design perspective (SDLC)
- 2 - 3 years Demonstrable knowledge of Information and Data Architectures and familiarity with various architecture viewpoints (business, applications, data, and technology architectures) is required.
- 5 + years Proven experience creating enterprise information and data models incorporating all layers of enterprise data architecture (Canonical modeling, TDS, ODS, EDW, Data Marts, Business Intelligence, Data Quality, Meta-data, Master Data, Reference Data, Data Access and provisioning, Data Security, Data Governance, SOA) and a thorough knowledge of the data requirements of these systems.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in solution architectures, system analysis, and design, data modeling, and application development methodologies
- Delivery of Information and Data requirements for business blueprints.
- 10 years proven experience in transactional data modeling (Normalisation), dimensional modeling (Star & Snowflake Schema), and object-oriented modeling
- 3+ years’ experience in implementing, using, and administering EA tools and EA meta-model definition (ARIS Preferable/ or Sparx Enterprise Architect)
- 5 + years logical and physical data modeling with data modeling tools and database design in complex, large-scale data environments
- 3+ years Strong leadership skills to indirectly manage cross-functional teams toward common solutions
- 5+ years Retail industry experience
Knowledge and Skills :
- Knowledge related to the relevant areas of experience
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.