The Controls Technician for Building management Systems (BMS), Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, Building automation systems. The chosen candidate will be responsible for completing service calls in addition to working on larger projects under the direction of a project manager or controls engineer.
- Installing DDC (Direct Digital Control) controller
- Low voltage wiring
- Troubleshooting, testing and commissioning BMS & HVAC systems and electronics
- DDC programming
- Reading and understanding mechanical plans and wiring diagram
- Coordinating work with other trades (ie: electricians, HVAC technicians, plumbers).
- Documenting work and procedure
- Properly addressing TCP/IP networks and RS-485 communication
- Analyzing and correcting communication issue
- Work according to project timelines and required processe
- Work on construction sites and follow required safety measure
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum Matric – Tertiary Educational preferred.
- Several years of experience in the controls field is a pre-requisite.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be comfortable with computers and Microsoft Office program
Previous experience with Tridium systems is considered an asset
- Previous experience with Microsoft Visio is considered an asset
- Previous experience with DDC, PLC or similar Ladder-Logic programming is considered an asset
Laptop and phone
Vehicle and petrol card
Salary market related dependent on knowledge and experience.