QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• NQF Level 8: Degree in Law / LLB preferably a postgraduate degree in Law (such as
• Post graduate Diploma/Compliance Certificate
• Registered as a Compliance Officer under the FAIS Act for Category I FSPs with the
• Admitted attorney of the High Court
• Continuous adherence to the fit & proper requirements as determined by the
Prudential Authority and the Financial Sector Conduct Authority
• Extensive knowledge of legislation, regulations and legal principles applicable to the
financial services industry, in particular the insurance sector Regulatory framework
o Insurance Acts of SA and where applicable in foreign jurisdictions
o Long-term Insurance Act and Short-term Insurance Act and subordinate
o FAIS Act
o COFI Bill
o Non-insurance specific legislation affecting the company (Companies Act;
Labour legislation, POPIA; PROATIA, FICA etc.)
o Industry Governance codes and listing requirements
o (King IV, FTSE, SAIA)
• At least 8-10 years of experience in financial services industry, in particular the
• At least 8-10 years of experience in compliance
• Good knowledge of the Protection of Personal Information Act and its requirements
• 5 - 8 years management experience at management level
The Compliance Function is mandated to ensure that the compliance risks (i.e. compliance
with regulatory, ethical, and internal and external policy obligations imposed on the Group)
are appropriately monitored and addressed by management. A risk-based approach is
adopted to ensure that material compliance risks are addressed and mitigated by the
The compliance function has accountability to the Group Board, through the Group Risk Committee to ensure that compliance risks are appropriately monitored and
addressed by management.
This is a Group function which will operate in all jurisdictions where the company has a footprint
in alignment with the necessary mandate. The role of the Manager Compliance will be to
assist the Group Compliance Function in the Execution of the Group Compliance mandate as
set out by the Board.
In addition, this incumbent will be appointed as the Deputy Information Officer for the company in terms of POPIA to perform functions as designated by the Information Officer.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
• Compliance Risk Management
o Conduct Compliance risk assessments across the businesses and to provide
pro-active guidance to the businesses in addressing compliance risks (which
includes compliance with legal, regulatory and ethical obligations and
standards applicable to the businesses).
• Monitoring Compliance and Reporting
o Conducting Compliance Audits/Reviews to monitor adherence to compliance
obligations and preparing the relevant compliance reports to the various
levels of management in the businesses.
• Provide appropriate input into compliance projects where required.
o Render appropriate Compliance advice/guidance, training to the businesses
as required (which shall include Privacy training relating to various aspects of
• To act as the deputy Information Officer for the company and assume the
responsibilities as determined by the Information Officer as contemplated under the
• Handle requests from third parties (internal requests and external requests) relating
to POPIA as directed to the Information Privacy Office and as directed by the
Information Officer under POPIA and PROATIA and to submit reports on the requests
• Supporting in maintaining a good working relationship with the Information
Regulator where required, responding to request and queries from their office and
providing required reporting as directed by the Information Officer.
• Coaching and mentoring of less experienced compliance employees
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link