To Support, work closely with and report to the Communications and Fundraising Manager (CFRM) in fund raising activities by assisting in conceptualizing and implementing fund raising campaigns and events as well as assisting in developing and reporting of influential, informative and engaging communications strategies across diverse social media platforms
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in identifying and recommending potential donors, partners as well as target audiences such as Hotels, Universities, etc.
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos, Vlogs and Blogs.
- Assist the CFRM in providing written proposals for Fundraising, marketing and public relations campaigns as needed.
- Assist in developing, writing and editing marketing and communication material.
- Assist in organising fundraising events such as AGM, Mandela Day, Gala dinners, receptions, parties, Golf day etc. within agreed requirements and timelines.
- Promote marketing materials and campaigns through appropriate social channels as well as perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications in order to increase visibility amongst stakeholders. Track, measure, monitor, evaluate and report using analytics and metrics on the effectiveness of donor and communication campaigns, media coverage and website traffic and make recommendations where applicable.
- Provide CFRM with monthly reports regarding analytics and data tracking regarding successes and failures of donor and communications campaigns.
- Assist the CFRM with writing internal communications to staff.
- Assist the CFRM in regularly maintaining and upgrading the content of the website and social media of the company.
- Compile and produce a regular e-bulletin for distribution to all the Company’s stakeholders.
- Support the development and promotion of brand materials and in store promotions and drive sales for these items (e.g. Wine, bracelets, MySchool MyVillage, Tours etc.).
- Manage and maintain the online store.
- Provide general admin duties as required.
- Maintain the Company's database using Salesforce CRM.
- Create Fundraising opportunities with individuals – maintain and increase the number of individual donors, including pledges and debit orders, against a set target.
- Maintain an internal calendar of events and activities.
- Provide thank you letters and section 18A’s for monetary donations as well as donations in kind including BackaBuddy and GivenGain as needed.
- Manage any interns / volunteers for the department
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Communications & Fundraising Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: PR, Marketing and Events Interns and Volunteers
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in a communication, marketing or public relations role. Experience in executing across several communications media such as Facebook, Instagra, Pinterest, Linkedin, Twitter etc.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and desktop publishing
- 2 years + experience in a Communications or marketing role or a journalism qualification
- Marketing and/or public relations and event management qualifications at a tertiary institution
- Writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills. Organisational and planning skills required. Creativity and latitude skills. Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media. Self- motivated and a self-starter.