CLIMATE CHANGE POLICY MANAGER (Strategy / Management Consulting) – SA (Cape Town / Pretoria) OR UK
R840 000 – R1,285 000 Per Annum PLUS Performance Based Incentive / Bonus Negotiable based on Relevant Qualification and Years of Experience
Established and Expanding Global Management Consulting firm is offering this lucrative career opportunity within their collaborative team of professionals.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
One would describe you as a self-driven, energetic problem-solver and team-player who is comfortable with public speaking, equipped with strong presentation skills together with possessing strong financial acumen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Producing high quality research and analysis on climate change policy and strategy
- Building and maintaining active networks with technical partners as well as clients
- Leading client engagements focusing on strategy and policy formulation processes in collaboration with other climate experts in the firm
- Managing teams of consultants and external experts to deliver client assignments in a fast-paced international environment and owning project deliverables
- Acting as hub of expertise on evolving climate change policy issues, for clients and internal teams
- Playing an active role in driving the growth of our climate change team through business acquisition, through direct sales activities and responding to tendered public sector opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate degree ideally within Climate Change, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainable Development, Environmental or Natural Resource Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration or related
- A strong thematic focus on and academic grounding in environmental sustainability, especially climate change (including exposure to both climate adaptation and climate mitigation issues).
- 6+ years professional experience which includes a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a strategy consulting / management consulting / development consulting environment, or engineering consultancy environment, with a strong professional focus on climate change related advisory services.
- 3-5 Years proven leadership experience
- Experience in providing both research and advisory services on climate change in frontier markets, Africa particularly and / or Europe or Middle East
- Proven examples of quality writing on related climate change subjects (need not be published)
- Experience working with Multilateral Development Institution (including development partners).
- Demonstrable experience leading strategy and policy formulation processes
- Exposure to projects or assignments in developing countries, particularly in Africa.
- Foreign language proficiency in French or Portuguese.
- A keen interest in or previous professional exposure to any one (or all) of the following areas:
- Climate Finance
- Renewable energy / clean energy or broader energy sector issues
- Water resources
- Conservation and biodiversity
To apply for this vacancy please forward a detailed copy of your CV to Nicole Spamers: email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org and Andrea Jones: email@example.com