Purpose of the Job:
- The Program Scheduler will work closely and collaboratively with the Program Manager, Project Managers, Delivery Unit Managers and the Program Management Office to:
Plan Program Schedules
- Maintain and administer the prioritisation of the IT work backlogs process, systems, tools, and data per delivery phase for a strategic program using the standards specified by Portfolio Management and the Program Management Office.
- Maintain and administer the Resource Approval Workflow process, systems, tools, and for a strategic program using the standards specified by Portfolio Management and the Program Management Office.
- Maintain and administer the scheduling and resource planning process, systems, tools, and data for a strategic program using the standards specified by Portfolio Management and the Program Management Office.
Analyse and assess Program Schedules
- Use the BI reports created by the PMO Analysis team to analyse and assess the scheduled timelines vs. progress and the demand and capacity of a strategic program using the standards specified by Portfolio Management and the Program Management Office.
Monitor and control Program Schedules
- Conduct quality assurance on the project and program schedule and resource data to ensure that all reports are correct.
- Manage key stakeholder expectations by supporting the communication of schedule updates in key stakeholder meetings and BI Dashboards.
- Develop and maintain the program component (project) and overall program schedules by working with Program, Project and Resource Managers to determine timelines based upon the availability of capabilities and capacity.
- Maintain the “single source of truth” for the program’s schedule and resource management.
- Manage resource assignments for all program components by liaising and agreeing assignment with Business and IT Resource Managers.
- Identify and log issues and work with the Resource Manager and / or Project Manager to plan and implement actions to rectify these issues.
- Identify and log risks and work with the Resource Manager and / or Project Manager to either accept these risks or log, plan and implement actions to avoid, mitigate, or transfer these risks.
- Assist in the communication of Program and Project updates to help manage stakeholder expectations
- Contribute to the IT PMO “centre of excellence” with focus on building skills and capability and engaging the wider business
- Bachelors’ Degree (3 years)
- CAPM, PMI or PRINCE II certifications or memberships
- 3-5 years' experience working in a PMO/Portfolio office and leading in the development and maintenance of project and program schedules and resource plans.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Relationship Management
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong understanding of project governance and project management lifecycles
- Drafting of factual reports, presentations, procedure or policy documents or training material
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.