CAD/CAM Technician (Engineering)
Excellent career opportunity with leading global manufacturer in their Engineering department.
- Design of tooling and jigging that includes liaising with the Engineers and Senior personnel in the Tooling, Production and QA Departments on design related issues to ensure tooling designs which are production friendly while ensuring the required product quality.
- Creating 3D geometrical models (Catia v5 and/or Creo 3.0) and CNC tool paths using Creo 3.0 and/or Mastercam.
- Creating 2D dimensioned drawings of tooling to make approval of tooling easier and ensure easy reproduction of tooling in future if required.
Creating 3D tool paths for drilling and trimming operations.
- Electronic configuration control of 3D models to ensure latest data is always easily identifiable and old data superseded.
- Initiate and track tooling material purchases in co-operation with the Purchasing Department.
- Liaise with the QA Department during the measurement and approval stage of new tooling to ensure that the design intent is realized and to ensure that the project timeline is kept.
- Ensure that 3D data is available to QA for checking of all tooling before release to Production for use.
Qualifications and experience
- Matric with 5 years relevant work experience
- 3D-CAD/CAM experience (preferably in Creo 3.0 and Catia V5)
- 3-axis and 5-axis machining programming experience