Responsible for facilitating and defining business requirements and ensuring translation into effective business solutions. This is a 6 month contract position based in Cape Town Centre.
- Develop a Business Analysis Approach in project execution or investigation
- Understand project context to determine applicable BPA approachSystem SelectionParticipate in the selection of systemsLead the definition and review of business processes
- Understand current business processes and define future business processesDocument current and future business process/esFacilitate Business requirements workshops or sessions to elicit and define system requirements
- Plan and execute business requirements elicitation sessions/workshopsDevelop Business Requirement SpecificationsParticipate in solution design workshops
- Develop Functional Requirement SpecificationsProvide input to System Requirement Specification and other Technical oriented documentsContribute in development of testing and training materials
- Document test scenarios and review test cases
- Assist testing capability in ensuring that the new system meets requirements
- Coordinate and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Obtain business signoff
- Guide the preparation of or prepare user manuals and guides with the change manager when requiredReview training documentation and participate in project trainingProvide status updates
- Provide regular status updates
- Proactively identify and communicate impacts, risks and issues
- Relevant 3 year Information Technology or business-related qualificat
- Minimum of 3 years Business/Process Analysis experience, preferably within the retail domain
- Working knowledge of relevant methodology and tools e.g. Process modelling tools, project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- Proven experience in leading solution design workshops
- Expert knowledge in delivering typical Business Analysis Artefacts
- Faculty Training Institute Business Analysis qualification advantageous
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
- Appropriately derives and organises the essence of information to draw solid conclusions
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
- Clearly defines objectives and translates them into workable activities
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
- Convinces others by identifying benefits for all; looks for ways to increase the value of the partnership for all parties.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organisation.
- Actively seeks out positive spin-offs of change and investigates ways in which change can be used
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to adapt to change