Our client, South Africa’s leading fixed-income and development asset manager has an opportunity for a Business Development Executive.
This is an EE role, based in Cape Town.
To develop and implement the new business distribution strategy with the business development team. To represent and enhance confidence through building strong prospective client and stakeholder relationships and networks which will result in increased AUM. This will entail mobilising teams across the business to meet prospective client and stakeholder needs; influencing product development, identifying and converting client and market needs into business opportunities for the organisation.
Key result areas:
- Formulate and implement a New Business distribution strategy that includes:
- Developing a strategic plan for sales which aligns with business growth objectives
- The development of effective solutions and consultative sales process to ensure clients’ needs are accurately met.
- Market analysis and evaluation and identifying sales opportunities as a result of market changes.
- Competitor analysis and organisation positioning
- Gather and distribute market intelligence information to the broader organisation
- Actively execute an effective sales strategy
- Implement the new business sales process: Follow leads, liaise with prospective clients, interact with stakeholders and drive opportunity to conclusion
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of a sustainable new business pipeline
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships to leverage new opportunities
- Identify new markets, develop and implement strategies for future opportunities
- Management of key Stakeholder relationships
- Mobilise the relevant teams in the organisation to achieve organisation’s Net Client Cash Flow targets
- Facilitate the fee negotiations with consultants and clients and ensuring commerciality of the FG business.
- Ensuring the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage
- Relationship Management:
- Relationship marketing, client engagement and brand building
- Give direction regarding tactical event strategies, hosting events, and networking to grow new business
- Promote the brand and image by networking with key industry stakeholders
- Working closely with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business activities
Technical & professional knowledge and experience:
- BCom degree or equivalent
- CFA will be an advantage
- Extensive sales and distribution experience in a financial services (experience in an asset management environment is preferable)
- A good understanding of or experience in the environment of financial planning, investment consulting, employee benefits consulting and multi-management.
- A good understanding of and experience in unlisted and alternative assets such as private equity, corporate credit, direct property and renewable energy assets
- Experience in client relationship management, marketing, client services
- At least five (5) years experience in the financial services industry, preferably asset management and in a new business function.