- Facilitating discovery of business requirements, and through a structured process, modeling, validating and translating them into refined user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborating in the development of agile feature specifications which are used by developers to craft a technical solution meeting the business requirement.
- Maintaining data and process models in the SPARX Enterprise Architect tool and using these models in SOPs.
- Using SQL to access data sets and determine patterns and data quality issues to stage automated and manual remediation exercises.
- Work on solutions supporting multiple business areas with emphasis on Broker integration points and a large number of affected system components.
- Required to work under general direction within a clearly defined accountability framework.
- Gather and interpret requirements from the business.
- Participate in the solution design process.
- Prepare the requirements specifications.
- Define the success criteria for solution testing.
- Analyse and decompose relevant business processes and understand the impact on systems integration.
- Provide assistance to solution delivery on implementation and training.
- Assist (when necessary) with systems testing.
- Ensure that proposed test solutions cover all aspects of delivered business specification.
Qualifications And Experience
- Relevant business qualification including some financial studies.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification or certificate/diploma in Business Analysis from industry recognised training institution.
- Experience in financial analysis would be preferred.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience as Business Analyst.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in the Short-Term Insurance Industry.
- Experience with data-oriented solutions, SQL and maybe BI tools like Qlik.
- Experience in Model-Driven Design & Repository-Based Modelling tools, preferably Enterprise Architect, would be an advantage.
- Querying databases with SQL.
- Data Modeling based on Entity Relationship Diagrams or similar.
- UML would be a recommendation.
- Business Process Modeling/Engineering based on BPMN.
- Business writing skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Repository-Based Modeling tools like Enterprise Architect.
- Financial management.
- Some knowledge as a Generalist or Specialist associated with the Short-Term Insurance Industry.
- Business Change Life Cycle.
- System Development Life Cycle (Agile experience would be preferable).
- Working with people.
- Deciding and initiating action.
- Planning and organizing.
- Negotiating and influencing.
- Ability to manage own workload and timelines.
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.