We are currently recruiting for a Business Analysts who has a clear understanding of asset management administration, trading and portfolio management processes implemented within the business environment. An understanding of administration systems and how they overlap with the processes implemented in the business as well as a general understanding of IT architecture and infrastructure for investment data warehousing related products would be essential.
Permanent Cape Town based role
- Primary interface to investment professional and the development and maintenance of proprietary business applications
- Provides detailed advice and guidance to all users in the effective use of the investment data warehousing system; demonstrates ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations.
- Develop Business requirement specifications
- Liaise with the business units and the rest of IT to develop functional specifications
- Develop technical specifications for projects
- Test plans and test packs
- Document existing business processes and develop and document new business processes
- Keep users informed of progress through effective communication
- Work on multiple projects at the same time
- Within a broad area of competence, investigates issues and other requests for support to critically determine the root cause and propose appropriate actions to take
REQUIREMENTS: SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A graduate with majors in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Min 2 years’ experience in a business analysis function
- Min 2 years’ experience in Asset Management industry or in the related financial services industry
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in technical problem solving using Microsoft’s BI stack
- Financial markets knowledge
- Business Process Analysis & Design
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Strong inter-personal skills, especially in dealing with individuals at all levels of the organization, across various regions/counties and of contacts of all types and at all levels.
- Able to work under shift pattern if required
- Experience in Financial services business analysis and software development
- Experience in T-SQL and SQL 2017 (or older)
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack - Integration, Analysis and Reporting Services
- Experience in Data Modeling - Metadata, Content, Taxonomy, Navigation, ERDs
- Experience in VBA development and windows scripting would be advantageous