BI Dev - Intermediate/Senior
Tuesday, 18 May 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- Work as part of a larger IT team using the Scrum methodology.
- Interact with business users, Business Analysts and other developers to understand user requirements.
- Develop integration solutions using T-SQL and other vendor integration tools
- ETL development to load Data warehouse
- Maintain existing SSRS report definitions to present the data.
- Support existing integration and reporting solutions in the production environment by analysing problems reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
- Testing and deployment of new development.
- 5-8 years SQL experience (stored procedures, UDF’s, T-SQL, performance tuning and optimization, RDBMS, error handling and logging, etc.) is essential
- Experience with data integration, validation and reconciliation (SSIS or similar).
- Expert knowledge of reporting technologies (SSRS, PowerBI or similar)
- Experience with creating and maintaining cubes (SSAS) would be advantageous
- Working experience with relational and dimensional database structures.
- Experience in interacting with business users to understand requirements and producing solutions
- Experience working in AWS Cloud implementation would be an advantage
- Exposure to PostreSQL would be an advantage
Skills / Competencies
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Problem Solving
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with pressure.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team and cross-train with team members.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication