Our client builds disruptive purpose-driven consumer and digital brands. They focus on building amazing customer experiences that are “Good for you, good for the planet.” They trust their employees with full accountability and autonomy from day one. This unique entrepreneurial and performance-driven culture enables them to achieve executional excellence.
They are seeking a skilled and passionate mid-level backend and/or ERP developer, to grow their capabilities to build the systems that allow excellent execution and flawless data. This role is ideal for a skilled backend developer and/or ERP implementation consultant, who works well in a small team that is deeply involved in the business and success of their brands. You will have far more interaction and impact on company success than you would in an agency or large corporate setup. You should enjoy working with system users to identify challenges, brainstorming pragmatic solutions, implement and follow-up.
Depending on your profile and interests, the role will focus primarily on either developing backend and integration code, or on implementing and customising ERP functionality; but will touch on both.
- Build deep understanding and expertise on our systems, and so be able to act as the ultimate “go-to” for challenging technical and process questions, under the mentorship of a senior team member.
- Write backend PHP and/or C# code to integrate systems and data streams, between ecommerce, ERP and fulfilment, stock and order management, offline retail, and BI and data systems.
- Deploy, configure and customise ERP functionality to handle existing and new business processes.
- Work closely with colleagues, technical and non-technical, to ensure ongoing project success.
- Acumatica cloud ERP (highly customisable via configuration and C#)
- Ecommerce / customer-facing sites: varies by brand, between
- Magento 2 (PHP) and React.js PWA ecommerce stack (under development currently)
- js + React.js custom build
- PowerBI and custom BI platform
- Various associated tools for marketing, offline retail, stock ordering, etc, connected by API through KNIME and/or custom PHP integrations
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a back-end developer and/or ERP implementation consultant
- Minimum 2 years of software development experience in PHP and/or C#
- Familiarity with the basic tools of software development, such as Git, JIRA or similar project tools, etc
- Basic working knowledge of accounting principles, such as revenue, cost of goods, margins, etc , and willingness to work with finance teams on these topics (formal qualification NOT required)
- Analytical, process driven thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, results oriented team player
- Well organised, good communication and reporting skills, and ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- ERP experience, ideally Acumatica, else any other modern ERP
- Ecommerce experience (e.g., Magento)
- Competitive salary, with equity package after year one
- Flexible/remote work: work remote during COVID, and up to 50% remote thereafter, at your preference
- Fantastic staff discounts across all brands
- Unparalleled opportunity to develop your technical skills while helping build some of South Africa’s most exciting disruptive consumer start-up brands
Please submit your CV to email@example.com. When applying, please include the job title in the subject line. Only suitably qualified/shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.