R1.5m - R2m (neg) plus bonus
Superb career opportunity for seasoned Audit Executive to take accountability for the Audit strategy that aligns to the overall organisational strategy.
Key areas of responsibility
- Direct the audit operations in line with the relevant audit methodology and standards;
- Direct and drive the business unit wide audit strategy for assigned areas and measure progress against reported goals.
- Coordinate resources for auditing activities and plans including integrated audits with other business units and external audit firms on pre-issuance and Contract Work activities to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Provide leadership for technical and operational matters in the business unit on implementing best practices, strategic initiatives and improve risk management.
- Provide ongoing quality assurance within the audit process by continuously interacting with audit teams, audit firms and reviewing audit outputs.
- Lead sensitive, complex, and high-risk engagements.
- Signing of audit reports for significant and complex audits.
- Lead and monitor the implementation of the audit strategy.
- Lead the implementation of the status of records review.
- Stakeholder Management
- Direct and drives the visibility of leadership through effective scanning of the auditee environment to ensure clear understanding of auditees business requirements and to translate this into clear deliverables for the execution team and continuously getting feedback from stakeholders.
- Engage with the stakeholders as per the engagement plan, which includes consideration for political sensitivity, complexity and seniority.
- Interact with relevant oversight structures and relevant committees regarding briefings on audit reports / outcomes.
- People Management
- Develop and facilitate implementation of People Plan.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of transformation strategies.
- Drive Vision achievement/ organisation alignment through impact-driven strategic conversations with internal staff on an on-going basis.
- Ensure effective administration of the training office accreditation.
- Financial management and operational management
- Revenue and expenditure management and control
- Ensures that deliverables are executed economically, efficiently and effectively in terms of recoverability and productivity.
Qualifications and experience
- CA with 8 – 10 years’ relevant experience (post qualification) of which a minimum 4 years’ experience should have been at a senior management level.
- Extensive knowledge and experience on IFRS, Companies Act, and King IV will be required of the successful candidate.