A great opportunity is available to join this new 4* full-service hotel as Assistant to the Executive Housekeeper. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in planning, directing, coordinating and setting up all Housekeeping systems, procedures, future activities, and work assignments,
- Inspecting housekeepers’ daily work activities.
- Direct responsibility for comfort and cleanliness of the hotel in every aspect and make sure that both the standards and the image which is expected, is exceeded.
- Develops and implements procedures to govern Housekeeping activities, sees to it that personnel understand and adhere to approved standards, policies and procedures.
- Trains, directs, controls and coordinates the activities of Housekeeping
- Controls and coordinates rosters according to room occupancy.
- Ensures effective stock control policies & procedures are in place and ensure that wastage is controlled.
- Knowledge of safety, fire and hygiene regulations and makes sure that staff is following the procedures.
- Sets up the necessary procedures for the smooth running of the department and organizes their implementation, control, and follow-up.
- Assist with Executive Duty Management shifts as part of the management team of the hotel on a rotation basis
- In good health, physically fit and well-groomed
- Mature and sophisticated
- Excellent guest relations skills
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible
- Must be able to plan and organize effectively
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Have very good attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Neat and presentable
- Can work under pressure
- Able to work shifts
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- SA Citizen
- Matric with a hospitality qualification
- 3 - 4 years working in a similar role within a medium to large 4 / 5* hotel with 200+ bedrooms