Quality asset manager is looking to add market intelligence capability to their Retail team via an Analyst : Market and Investor Behaviour. Primary function being to research and understand the impact of market movements on investor behaviour and investment outcomes, and to support the retail sales team with intelligence that gives them the edge.
The role is Cape Town based.
Core involvement includes:
- Management Information, Competitor, Market and Investor research
- Research investor behaviour in response to market movements, life-cycles and investment outcomes.
- Conduct research to support the development of strategic and tactical business development plans aimed at retaining and growing assets under management, including the analysis of:
- Competitors – flows, products, fees, performance, distribution, etc.
- IFAs – internal and external flows
- Clients – behaviour, fund selection, risk tolerance, etc.
- Industry trends – ASISA, LISP and Institutions statistics
- Sales consultants – flows and assets under management relative to business targets
- Translate research findings into clear and concise graphs and/or presentations
- Update spread sheets with performance information and be able to check spread sheets that make use of analytical formulae.
- General support to Retail Management, Marketing Team, Client Servicing Team and Business Development Managers
- Delivering to business plans by developing and assisting with the following deliverables to internal and external clients:
- Sales and marketing material
- Internal and external presentations – covering performance, market movement, investor & advisor behaviour, etc.
- Develop and support monthly and quarterly themes and messaging
- Ad-hoc support to Retail Business Team
- And more.
The role is suited to:
- BCom / BBusSc (Finance/Economics) with a good understanding of economics and investments markets
- At least 4 years’ experience in asset management / financial services industry
- Advanced – MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills (friendly and diplomatic nature) and ability to manage conflict well
You understand and accept that, by applying for this role, you authorise Candidate Connect to obtain your personal information and utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role. Your information will be stored on our database. Should you wish for us to remove any personal information from our database, please contact us at email@example.com. Your data will not be used for any unsolicited marketing purposes, and will not be transferred to any third parties without your direct consent.
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role – thank you.