An experienced Accounts Payable Clerk is sought to join the Finance team of this luxury 5* hotel.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Accurately process invoices in accounts payable system and ensure that batches are posted.
- Payment of supplier invoices as and when they become payable.
- Sending remittance advices to suppliers after completion of payment run.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations of creditors’ accounts statements against accounts payable age analysis.
- Assist in reconciling General Ledger and creditor accounts on a monthly basis to make sure that accounts are correctly balanced.
- Distributing expense account detail to user departments when required.
- Ensure invoices are properly authorized in accordance with levels of authority and allocate them to correct supplier and general ledger account on a daily basis.
- Updating current banking details of creditors and liaising with the Financial Controller in this regard.
- Maintain records, registers, and documents in order to facilitate internal and external audits.
- Assisting with external and internal audit queries.
- Accurate filing of invoices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification
- An accounting/bookkeeping qualification advantageous
- 7 - 8 years in a similar position (desirable)
- Experience in luxury hotels
- Knowledge of other hotel services
- Should be fluent in English. Additional language advantageous
- IT Knowledge: Microsoft Office / Micros / Opera / MS Great Plains