Our Transport client in Boksburg is searching for a Finance Manager to urgently join their team.
- CA (SA)
- 5 Years of Post Articles experience
- Management experience in running a finance/ administration department
- Have worked on SAP or similar larger accounting system experience
- Transport industry experience (preferable but not a necessity)
- Required to look at costings and CAPEX projects.
- Monthly reporting and cash flow forecasting are critical.
- Must be prepared to get into the trenches and get the work done.
- A tough environment so the individual needs to have a strong character.
- Owner operated company - not a corporate environment.
- Advance Excel - Pivot tables, Vlookup etc.
- Sage Payroll
- Full accounting cycle experience
- Must have fixed asset management experience
- Staff management
- Monthly Management accounts
- Balancing of General Ledger
- Bank reconciliation
- Reporting of Income statement monthly -Actual vs Budget vs Prior year
- Statistical Data derived from the income statement, debtors and creditors days etc.
- Monthly and yearly cash flow projections
- Management and Updating of daily cash flow, Incoming debtors’ payments vs Expense control
- Yearly Budgets compilation and monthly control to ensure budgets are met on both revenue and expenses
- Fixed Asset register management – Full function
- Management of new Acquisitions and Disposals of assets
- Vehicle asset finance - compiling all financial requirements as requested by the Finance house to acquire new assets
- Stock Control
- Ensure Fuel Stock is managed correctly
- Other reporting and Management
- Turnover reporting Monthly – checking of rates and routes, diesel expenditure per vehicle.
- Debtors Management – Ensuring all invoicing is done and payments are received within terms
- Creditors management – authorising of creditors recons for payments and that all supplier invoices are authorised
- VAT monthly recon and submission on E-filing
- Year-End close
- Preparation of year-end Management accounts packs for auditors to be able to do the Annual Financial statements for all businesses
- To assist Auditors with any queries regarding the AFS preparation
- Salaries - Check all and capture office staff and management
- Incentives monthly calculation
- Ensure all other salaries monthly data is correct for Drivers and Workshop staff
- Monthly submission of PAYE/UIF and SDL – EMP201
- EMP501 submissions on Easy File
- Staff queries and interaction with drivers on a daily basis
- Support and Housekeeping on all IT systems
- Ensuring all SOP's are followed and that internal controls are adhered to
- Analysing data on request from MD/ CEO
- Contracts – Ensuring contracts received are correct and that Logico’ s interest are covered
- Credit Application preparation and management – Customers and Suppliers
- Liaison with customers/suppliers
- Payments on Internet banking platform